Thursday, December 4, 2014

there "it" goes


The "it" isn't as momentous as one might hope for.

No fireworks, marching elephants, or air force fly by took place, yet "it" happened. I am not moving from my house, or buying a new car. Tomorrow morning I will still have to make breakfast for my family and get them out the door. And still, "it" happened.

Tired of waiting? Here's the big reveal, the it of the "it." I am now published. Ta-da!

Five years after turning my sails to a different wind, I have a short story published in an anthology along side 37 other authors. I will not be able to retire on what I will earn from this experience but I've got to say, it feels incredible to have someone else accept my work. Thanks to Mary Blowers, the person who compiled the anthology and said yes to my submission.

If you'd like to order a paperback or download an electronic version, here are the links:

https://www.createspace.com/5098822 to purchase "Where Dreams and Visions Live" in paperback.
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/496954 to purchase "Where Dreams and Visions Live", a new anthology in e-book format.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QAXPLI2 Preorder "Where Dreams and Visions Live" in e-book format.

Of course I need to thank more people than just Mary. My wife was more than instrumental in pushing me to keep writing. I need to also recognize every person who ever helped me along the way, parents, teachers, neighbors, kids, you name it. If I ever encountered you, then I need to say thanks.

Hopefully this isn't my last stop, writing wise. I have a loose commitment from the publisher of Bachelor Pad Magazine to publish two of my short stories in the spring of 2015, and I continue working on a new novel while trying to get an agent to pick up the two I've already written. Needless to say, I have a lot of work to do. For the time being, however, I'm going to take stock of this moment so I can recall it with great clarity someday in the future when I look back at my writing career and say to myself, "remember when?"